Where & When does run club meet?
Drive Fitness Run Club meets at Tarragindi & Graceville personal training studios on Saturday morning's 6:30am. Keep an eye on our group training timetable for up-to-date session changes and cancellations.
WHO CAN JOIN run club & How much does it cost?
Drive Fitness Run Club is suitable for all levels of fitness & running experience & it's FREE for everyone that trains at Drive Fitness. Everyone at Drive Fitness is welcome to join us at Run Club sessions.
WHAT DO YOU DO at run club & HOW DOES IT WORK?
Drive Fitness Run Club is self paced & scale-able meaning that based on your fitness, running experience and upcoming events we will make recommendations on the distance and intensity that's best for you but ultimately you will determine how hard you work.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF RUN CLUB SESSIONS?
Be held accountable to getting some extra training in at the start of the weekend, connect with a local group of people who enjoy running, find someone who runs at a similar pace to push you along & prepare for events such as the Spartan Race, Gold Coast Half Marathon & Bridge To Brisbane.
Half Marathon 12 Week Training Plan
For those joining our Gold Coast Half Marathon team here is our 12 week distance progression for the lead up. Tarragindi Run Club group will have the option of following this plan during Run Club sessions.
- W1) Saturday 18 April - 10-12km (1 hour - 1 hour 15min)
- W2) Saturday 25 April - 14km (1 hour 15min - 1 hour 30min)
- W3) Saturday 2 May - 14km (1 hour 15min - 1 hour 30min)
- W4) Saturday 9 May - 14km (1 hour 15min - 1 hour 30min)
- W5) Saturday 16 May - 16km (1 hour 30min - 1 hour 45min) - NO RUN CLUB SESSIONS DUE TO SPARTAN RACE.
- W6) Saturday 23 May - 16km (1 hour 30min - 1 hour 45min)
- W7) Saturday 30 May - 16km (1 hour 30min - 1 hour 45min)
- W8) Saturday 6 June - 18km (1 hour 45min - 2 hours)
- W9) Saturday 13 June - 18km (1 hour 45min - 2 hours) - NO RUN CLUB SESSIONS DUE TO BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE.
- W10) Saturday 20 June - 18km (1 hour 45min - 2 hours)
- W11) Saturday 27 June - 10-12km taper (1 hour - 1 hour 15min)
- W12) Sunday 5 July - 21km RACE DAY