I hope everyone is enjoying the challenge so far! With week 2 underway it's time to announce workout 3! Check it out here...
WORKOUT 3 - 7MIN BURPEE & DEAD BALL LIFT AS MANY REPS AS POSSIBLE
Complete as many burpees as possible with dead ball lifts every 10 burpees increasing by 1. For example - 10 burpees, 1 dead ball lift, 10 burpees, 2 dead ball lifts, 10 burpees 3 dead ball lifts... Your score is the total combined reps of burpees and dead ball lifts completed at the end of 7 minutes.
- Burpees (chest to ground & jump with clap above head)
- Dead ball lift (over the shoulder - Women 25kg | Men 35kg)
HOW ARE OVERALL SCORES CALCULATED FOR THE 4 WEEK WORKOUT SERIES
At the end of the week when everyone has completed the workout your place will become your score ie 1 point for 1st place, 2 points for 2nd place, 3 points for 3rd place and so on. Tied scores will receive the same place, missed workouts will be scored 0 and placing last (highest place). At the end of the 4 weeks your 4 scores for each of the 4 workouts will be added together to get your overall score. The lowest score wins.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE 4 WEEK WORKOUT SERIES
- Your scores will not be made public online or in the studio - we will announce the overall top 3 men & women at the end of the challenge only.
- Workouts are intended to be suitable for everyone to participate - take the challenge and have some fun with it!
- Workouts will require a combination of strength, fitness & technique and are designed to be deliberately challenging.
- Workouts will include a combination of exercises that you typically encounter in your personal training sessions.
- Workouts are to be completed during your personal training session within the scheduled week - 1 workout a week for 4 weeks.
- Workouts will be announced 1 week in advance of the scheduled launch date and your trainer will help you prepare for the upcoming exercises.
- Workouts will be scored and the scores from all 4 workouts will be combined to find an over all winner for women and men categories.