Workout 1 of the 4 Week Workout Series kicked off today and with that comes the announcement of workout number 2. Check it out here...
WORKOUT 2 - MAX REPS ON BENCH PRESS
Complete 5 sets of bench press with strictly 2 minutes rest between sets. The weight will be 50% of body weight for women & 75% of body weight for men rounded to the nearest 2.5kg increment. Your score is the total number of accumulated reps achieved from all 5 sets. The bar must touch the chest & both elbows must lock out for a rep to count. There is no time limit on the set.
HOW ARE OVERALL SCORES CALCULATED FOR THE 4 WEEK WORKOUT SERIES
At the end of the week when everyone has completed the workout your place will become your score ie 1 point for 1st place, 2 points for 2nd place, 3 points for 3rd place and so on. Tied scores will receive the same place, missed workouts will be scored 0 and placing last (highest place). At the end of the 4 weeks your 4 scores for each of the 4 workouts will be added together to get your overall score. The lowest score wins.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE 4 WEEK WORKOUT SERIES
- Workouts are intended to be suitable for everyone to participate - take the challenge and have some fun with it!
- Workouts will require a combination of strength, fitness & technique and are designed to be deliberately challenging.
- Workouts will include a combination of exercises that you typically encounter in your personal training sessions.
- Workouts are to be completed during your personal training session within the scheduled week - 1 workout a week for 4 weeks.
- Workouts will be announced 1 week in advance of the scheduled launch date and your trainer will help you prepare for the upcoming exercises.
- Workouts will be scored and the scores from all 4 workouts will be combined to find an over all winner for women and men categories.