Registration and Drive Fitness team entry is now open for the Gold Coast Half Marathon. Check out the full event details and registration instructions here. Looking forward to getting a great Drive Fitness team together & I would like to encourage everyone willing to put the work in to give it a go!
DATE, TIME & MEETING POINT
The Gold Coast Half Marathon takes place on Sunday 5 July stating at 6am (recommended arrival time is 5am). We will have a team tent set up as a meeting point before the event for those interested in catching up before the start for a warm up.
Accommodation nearby is filling up fast so start making enquirers if you're looking at staying. Visit the Gold Coast Marathon website for details on suggested accommodation.
RUN CLUB, TRAINING & PREPARATION
We will make some changes to our Run Club sessions starting March for those interested in preparing for the Half Marathon. You will need to introduce an extra 1-2 runs each week of your own (3 runs per week would be a good goal). I will get a general training plan out but discuss with your personal trainer for more individualised programming. .
REGISTRATION & PRICES
Registration is open with an early bird price of $95 available until 30 April. Price increases to $115 following 30 April and registrations closes on 3 July.
The Drive Fitness team is open - during registration search for our team name 'Drive Fitness' and use the pin number '2015' to enter.
- Hover over 'ENTER' in the top navigation menu and click 'ENTER'
- Scroll to the bottom and click the button 'ENTER THE 2015 GOLD COAST AIRPORT MARATHON'
- Enter your personal details and click 'NEXT'
- Select the 'HALF MARATHON' event (this is the distance we are joining as a team however you are welcome to join our team and do any distance 10km, 21km or 42km)
- Follow the instructions to complete registration & payment
- Our team name is Drive Fitness & the pin is 2015 - don't forget to put yourself in our team!
- All team members will need to arrange their own race pack pick up, transport & accommodation (optional)