Join our FREE Saturday morning Run Club sessions 6:30am at Drive Fitness Tarragindi & Graceville to prepare for the Bridge to Brisbane on 30 August. Check out the 13 Week Training Plan starting Saturday 30 May here...
NEW TO RUNNING
If you're new to running or haven't run for a while start with the lower end of the distance range. Try alternating bouts of jogging and walking with a goal of jogging the whole distance before progressing.
If you've been running distances of 8km or more regularly already choose a distance within the range that you feel meets your training requirements. If you need to build speed drop to the shorter end of the range and if you need to build endurance increase to the longer end.
Include 1-2 other runs each week & strength and mobility training. Chat to your trainer about what other training you should be doing as part of your preparation - it will differ for everyone.
REGISTER FOR THE BRIDGE TO BRISBANE
13 WEEK TRAINING PLAN
- W1) Saturday 30 May- 4-8km (30-40min)
- W2) Saturday 6 June- 4-8km (30-40min)
- W3) Saturday 13 June- 4-8km (30-40min) - NO RUN CLUB: BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE
- W4) Saturday 20 June- 4-10km (30-40min)
- W5) Saturday 27 June- 6-10km (40-50min)
- W6) Saturday 4 July- 6-10km (40-50min)
- W7) Saturday 11 July- 6-12km (40-50min)
- W8) Saturday 18 July- 6-12km (40-50min)
- W9) Saturday 25 July- 8-12km (50-60min)
- W10) Saturday - 1 August 8-14km (50-60min)
- W11) Saturday 8 August- 8-14km (50-60min)
- W12) Saturday 15 August- 10-14km (50-60min)
- W13) Saturday 22 August - 4-8km (30-40min)
- W14) Sunday 30 August- BRIDGE TO BRISBANE